Saturday, January 28, 2012

Recipes from Christmas pt 1 - Veggie Slaw

I never followed up from all my Christmas recipes....  So a month later I'll post a few. :)

After a long day in September tromping all over the Tulsa State Fair the kids and I took a load off our feet in the Oklahoma Building in front of the cooking demo.  You know the guy that is selling the $5000 cookware - but you get free samples as he demonstrates... Yeah, so he made a veggie slaw - no cook btw - so who knows why it was in the show.

ANYWAY - the recipe stuck and we have it now about once a week. 

VEGGIE SLAW

Shred as much or as little of your veggies - any kind carrots, peppers, broccoli, squash, cabbage (i tried celery once, but didn't work so well) -  in your food processor. 







Then the magic ingredient, *drum roll*
an APPLE.  
Core and then shred in food processor with veggies.






Toss all shredded veggies and apple with raspberry vinaigrette
and for some extra texture I add a small handful of pecans. 



So YUMMY and Super Easy!! 

And my kids eat it! And they don't know it's full of all kinds of good veggies.

Hope you enjoy it as much as we do!

No comments: