Sunday, December 18, 2011

Coquito - Christmas In A Cup

At a Christmas party last week, my friend Tonia brought the most amazing holiday drink, a Puerto Rican twist to egg nog - Coquito.  This yummy drink is egg less and delish-ous - ness!!  So of course I recreated some for our family afternoon Christmas get together that is taking place this afternoon.  I'm hoping to get rave reviews - if not - more for me!!


Coquito

1 can of Evaporated Milk ( I used the a low fat version)
1 can of Sweetened Condensed Milk (again, a low fat version)
2 cans of coconut milk (I used Silk Coconut Milk in the refrigerator section, since I couldn't find the canned)
1 cup of raisins
Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste - I like a lot
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 cups of light Rum (from 0-2 cups its still yummy)

Put in Blender for 3-5 mins.  Pour in container with a seal, drop in 3-5 cinnamon sticks) Refrigerate until chilled.  


ENJOY!!



No comments: