Thursday, October 15, 2009

How can I help you?


Warning to all.... This is a mini rant. :)

This past week, I have been a victim of horrible customer service. I am beginning to feel a tad bit old when I find myself thinking things are just not what they should be.

I'm at Arby's drive through. Of course, I had a coupon $3.99 combo meal (they're like 6.50 now - so this is a very good deal!). As often requested I notified the attendant of my coupon prior to ordering - she informs me to go ahead. I pull around and apparently she has entered the order in to the register incorrectly and now the system will not accept the coupon. Instead of simply handing me my food and taking my money. She calls a manager... who then proceeds for five minutes (I am NOT exaggerating) swiping the register at least twenty times with her "manager" card trying to correct the problem - the mean time my food is cooling off for me just outside my reach and I am loosing more and more time from my lunch. And to top it off NO APOLOGIES for my wait

Next day - Sonic. (I really just need to take my lunch). Once again I have a coupon for a free $1 menu item. I'm in a rush - because I'm leaving straight from work to deliver an inservice at another agency. I order a Jr. Wrap - They bring me two! And of course charge me for the extra. I informed her of my correct order. Correct Action - Give me my order subtract a dollar from the total. Nope. She wants to take my entire order back inside and figure out what to do! Are you kidding me??

Rib Crib - 99 cent kids meals - Devon and the kids came over to take me to lunch. First of all I asked for Ranch FOUR TIMES!! That's an embarrassment. And she calculated our ticket wrong - of course with regular price for kids meals.... and to top it off we had to wait nearly 1/2 hour for our food. Geez....

Walgreens - I had a small purchase (two grocery items and a sinus wash for Parker). I went to the pharmacy counter to pay and pick up a prescription for Jessalyn. Two people in front of me. Both new customers with prescriptions. I don't know if the girl was new or just incompetent but you would have thought she was creating the next cure for cancer. Each time she stared blankly at her computer screen with the two new customers. I kid you not I stood in line for 15 Minutes!!! Ridiculous. Then when I went to check out she couldn't get the sinus wash to ring up - I said forget it. Then she rang up the rest of my purchases.... and then could not figure out how my FSA card worked! Are you kidding me? My kids were in the car, the prescription was only $10 - so I told her to forget it and I just paid cash. Seriously???

So I know the clerk at my clinic gets tired of me harping about customer service.... but seriously you are not ruled by the register or the computer that you put data into. Your patrons should come first no matter how rude they are to you. I promise if you smile, put them first, empathize with their situation ... you are guaranteed a happy customer.

Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game.
Service wins the game.

TONY ALESSANDRA




2 comments:

Justin Samsel said...

Which Rib Crib were you at?

Meredreth! said...

Sand Springs. I've had bad service there before.